The Erte cloche is inspired by the beautiful hats of the 1920s. This one can be worked with a contrasting brim facing which, if done carefully, creates a reversible hat. Knit up the flowers or wear unadorned, either way, the look is feminine and classic without being dated.
This hat pattern is available for $5.25
- Work short row shaping
- Work a provisional cast on
- Follow a written pattern using abbreviations
- Work in the round in both stockinette stitch and seed stitch.
- Using double pointed needles
- About 250 yards of sock weight yarn in main color
- About 75 yards of sock weight yarn in contrasting color
- Remnants of sock weight yarn in green color for leaves
- 5 glass beads (optional for flowers)
- US #2 DPNs
- US #2 16” circulars (optional)
- US #4 knitting needles (for large flower)
- 1 Set of DPNs of size #2 or smaller for 3 needle bind off
- 7 stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Because of the nature of PDF downloads, I cannot offer refunds for purchases. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns before you buy. I want to make sure you only buy a pattern you really want. Thank you so much.
You are welcome to use these patterns for your own personal, non-commercial or charitable use. If you wish to sell items made from these patterns or teach classes using my patterns, please contact me. Please do not distribute this pattern in print or electronically or post this pattern to your own site or publication.